Friday, May 11, 2007

Daisies

The Definitely Decorative Daisy set is one of my favorites. For the pink card, I stamped the petals partially off the Vanilla paper in Regal Rose ink. The outline of the petals is Rose Red ink. The center is So Saffron. The leaf is Old Olive, and the leaf outline and stem is Always Artichoke. The bee, of course, is Basic Black. I backed the daisy paper with Always Artichoke card stock, which is mounted on the Regal Rose card. The card has a watermark with the smaller daisy petals all over in Versamark ink.

On the golden daisy card, the petals are stamped in More Mustard ink. For the outline of the daisy petals, I inked the stamp with Close to Cocoa ink, stamped it once on my scrap paper, and then on my daisy. I did the same thing for the leaf with Old Olive ink. The leaf outline and stem is Old Olive, the bee is Basic Black, and the greeting and daisy center is Close to Cocoa. The greeting is from the All Year Cheer I set. I cut a piece of Close to Cocoa card stock 1/2 inch wider and longer than my daisy paper, and used a punch on the corners. After weaving the Vanilla corners into the Close to Cocoa, I mounted them onto the Creamy Caramel card. This has been one of my favorite designs, and I used this for many of our wedding thank you notes!

No comments: