Saturday, May 12, 2007

Layered Shells

This card base is Mellow Moss, with a greeting from Feathered Hope stamped all over in Mellow Moss ink.

I stamped the big shell from Stipple Shells in Mellow Moss ink on Whisper White card stock. Then I cut a piece of paper bigger than the shell itself, but about 1 1/4 smaller than the Whisper White piece and attached it with temporary adhesive to the shell. To make the collage "frame", I began with the sand dollar and inked it with Close to Cocoa ink. Starting in the top left hand corner, I stamped the sand dollar three times, going around the edges before re-inking the stamp. After going all the way around with the sand dollar, I did the same thing with the sea shell in Summer Sun ink, starting over one of the fainter sand dollars. Lastly, I repeated the same thing with the conch shell in Bordering Blue ink. Then I removed the piece of scrap paper, and mounted the piece with the shells on the card.

No comments: